[OpenIndiana-discuss] USB ports issue

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 07:54:06 UTC 2010

  Hi,

I have also been experiencing USB issues (my USB keyboard would
sometimes not work, unplugging and replugging fixed the issue) and have
applied the fix to /etc/power.conf.

# echo ::prtusb | mdb -k
INDEX   DRIVER      INST  NODE            VID.PID     PRODUCT
1       ehci        0     pci15d9,1411    0000.0000   No Product String
2       ohci        0     pci15d9,1411    0000.0000   No Product String
3       usb_mid     6     miscellaneous   046d.09a4   No Product String
4       hubd        0     hub             046a.0003   USB-Hub
5       hid         0     mouse           046d.c046   USB Optical Mouse
6       usb_mid     1     device          046a.0004   USB-CyBo at rd

While I can access my Logitech E3500 webcam from with WinXP running with
a VBox, the Cheese Webcam Booth appears to activate the camera (its
light comes on) but no video appears. I tried identifying the device as
a usbvc device, as below

# prtconf -v | grep "usbvc"
         value='NAME= usbvc1 Power' + '0=USB D3 State' + '3=USB D0 State'
         dev_path=/pci at 0,0/pci15d9,1411 at 2,1/miscellaneous at 4/video at 0:usbvc

# update_drv -a -i "pci15d9,1411" usbvc

This resulted in my computer locking up, I could not even access it via an ssh session as it required a reboot.

I also have a problem with downloading movies and photos from my digital camera, getting PTP i/o errors (using gkcam).
If I download movies and photos as the user I created during the OpenIndiana install then it does work,
however a second user I manually created consistantly gets PTP i/o errors when downloading content. Since applying the
fix to /etc/power.conf the second user is now able to get a list of pictures and thumbnails consistantly but is still unable
to download content.

Can anyone else reproduce this PTP error problem?