[OpenIndiana-discuss] Building Applications

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Thu Oct 14 21:51:12 UTC 2010

Alasdair,

I'd lobby for the separate directory approach. We were running into this in openSolaris, when trying to build PostgreSQL. Our issues were related to multiple versions of perl, granted, not multiple architectures.

There was a bit of back-and-forth as to whether it was an 'OS layout' issue or a 'configuration' script issue (my words); we may have an opportunity to blaze a little bit of trail here.

Thanks again for the hard work, Lou Picciano