[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fw: OpenIndiana/Illumos Project

Alexandre Borges alexandre.borges at unixacademia.com.br
Thu Oct 14 22:27:49 UTC 2010

Guido Berhoerster,

Good evening. Thanks for your answer.

In fact, I don't have an account in wiki. I'll join #oi-dev, ask for one and
add myself to Documentation team.

After that, I'll prepare a list of possible tutorials to write. I belive
that be necessary to write a kind of "tutorial series"
since basic tutorials (installation, first steps, user creation, filesystem
creation, packages, boot, network...), passing through more complex stuffs
(zones,
zfs, security, virtualization, etc..). What do you think ?

I'd also like to be able coordenate other people to write tutorials
following an "educational line"...I mean: basic -> intermediate --> advanced
stuff. Sincerely, I belive
there is not well-done project without a good documentation because the
users don't have a real motivation to learn/test a new OS.

Thanks for your attention.

Alexandre Borges.