[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fw: OpenIndiana/Illumos Project

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Thu Oct 14 11:09:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

* Alexandre Borges <alexandre.borges at unixacademia.com.br> [2010-10-14 12:15]:
> Mrs. and Ms,
>
> Good evening. Yesterday I sent an e-mail to Alasdair about my
> interest in contributing to OpenIndiana/Illumos documentation.
>
> As I explained to him, I'm instructor at Sun/Oracle since 2001 in
> Sao Paulo, Brazil. I'm currently
> writer and columnist at Linux Magazine Brazil where I wrote an
> OpenSolaris series (16 parts) (www.linuxmagazine.com.br) and,
> unfortunately, I've stopped because I would be writing anOpenSolaris
> book. When Oracle started the changes, I'd to hold this
> job too and, now, I would like to contribute with
> OpenIndiana/illumos project.
>
> I'd like to know if would be possible help you with the
> documentation of project. I noticed there is not leaders in the
> documention
> project. As you know, my native language is Portuguese, but I think
> I could be useful in English docs too. Another alternative would be
> make
> some tutorials.

that sounds great. Do you already have an account for the wiki?
If not please join #oi-dev on Freenode and ask for one. After
that please add yourself to the documentation team
http://wiki.openindiana.org:8080/display/oi/Human+Resources
We currently lack end-user documentation,
http://wiki.openindiana.org:8080/display/oi/OpenIndiana+Handbook
would be a good place to get started and add tutorials aimed a
end-users.
--
Guido Berhoerster