[OpenIndiana-discuss] nge driver

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Oct 21 04:01:21 UTC 2010

On Thursday, October 21, 2010 05:57 AM, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Does it work with a different network card in the box?
>
> The /etc/hostname.nge0 file can simply have an IP in it - I generally use the format "1.2.3.4/24 up" in the file (skipping the requirement for an /etc/netmasks) entry.
>
> Would you mind pasting the content of:
>
> dladm show-phys
> dladm show-link
> dladm show-vnic

Sorry, the thing is remote...but this is what you get in b134. Not sure
what would be the output in oi_147
root at ns1:~# dladm show-phys
LINK         MEDIA                STATE      SPEED  DUPLEX    DEVICE
nge0         Ethernet             up         100    full      nge0
vboxnet0     Ethernet             unknown    0      unknown   vboxnet0
root at ns1:~# dladm show-link
LINK        CLASS     MTU    STATE    BRIDGE     OVER
nge0        phys      1500   up       --         --
vboxnet0    phys      1500   unknown  --         --
root at ns1:~# dladm show-vnic

> And can you also paste the pertinent parts of /var/svc/log/network-physical:default.log

[ Oct 20 18:23:10 Enabled. ]
[ Oct 20 18:23:11 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/net-physical"). ]
[ Oct 20 18:23:11 Timeout override by svc.startd.  Using infinite timeout. ]
/sbin/netstrategy: inet6 socket: Protocol not supported
/sbin/netstrategy: cannot get interface information
ifconfig: socket: Address family not supported by protocol family
ifconfig: socket: Address family not supported by protocol family
ifconfig: socket: Address family not supported by protocol family
ipadm: Could not open handle to library - Operation failedroute: socket:
Protocol not supported
ifconfig: socket: Address family not supported by protocol family
ifconfig: socket: Address family not supported by protocol family
[ Oct 20 18:23:12 Method "start" exited with status 96. ]

> Also could you show the contents of /etc/defaultrouter

cat etc/defaultrouter
203.186.221.137