[OpenIndiana-discuss] Enhancement to IPS (pkg)??

Albert Lee trisk at opensolaris.org
Sun Oct 24 15:27:59 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Sunay Tripathi
<tripathi.sunay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for pointing to Shawn's ARC case. Seem like somethings did
> happen (in the right direction) after I left. Someone also pointed out
> that pkg gate at Oracle is still open. Do you or anyone have any
> idea as to what is already done and was in b147 pkg source. I am
> assuming that OpenIndiana is based on b147 equivalent of pkg-gate.

Yes, that's correct. The pkg-discuss list and #pkg5 IRC channels are
also still active. pkg-gate uses the documented on-disk format (
http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=497375&tstart=0 )
but I haven't seen any changes to handle *.p5p archives yet.
-Albert