[OpenIndiana-discuss] ipfilter issue

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Wed Oct 27 21:28:29 UTC 2010

  Not sure if anyone has noticed this with a clean install.  This does
not happen on an upgrade openindiana I have...

On my v40z ipfstat -i would give me
pass in log quick proto tcp from any to any port = 58260 flags S/FSRPAU
keep state
pass in log quick proto tcp from any to any port = lockd flags S/FSRPAU
keep state
pass in log quick proto udp from any to any port = lockd
pass in log quick proto tcp from any to any port = 47642 flags S/FSRPAU
keep state
pass in log quick proto udp from any to any port = 34192

no matter what was in my /etc/ipf/ipf.conf.
no amount of restarting editing changing permissions etc would fix it.

The only way I can get it to do what I need is by telling ipfilter where
the ipf.conf file is...
ipf -Fa -f /etc/ipf/ipf.conf

then it works perfectly.  Anybody else notice this?  Might be machine
specific but it looks more like the default ipfilter just doesn't know
where to look for the conf file.

--
Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson