[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fun Task - Comparing OI packages vs CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu etc

Nathan Evans ndickinson.evans at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 17:46:20 UTC 2010

i might have something in my portfolio that will help.

if i port it to java and use .contains instead of .equals it might help sift
through package names

which is the equiv of:

select * from sometable where somecolum like 'somevar';

something like this

for(String pname : pnameArray){
   for(String pname2 : pnameArray2){
        if( pname.conatins(pname2){
        return "Match";
   }
}

sort of thing, mind you thats very simplistic and would probably use more
complex logic.
but you catch my drift.