[OpenIndiana-discuss] Some Observations before upgrade to

Mike Gerdts mgerdts at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 00:50:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Tom Kranz <tom at siliconbunny.com> wrote:

> Paul Gress wrote:
>> I started looking into the possibility for upgrading.  I have some
>> questions.
>>

>> I use Pro-Engineer, a program that required some Motif libraries.  How
>> does this fit?
>
> Were did the Motif libraries come from? If they're in OpenSolaris, they
> should still be there if you upgrade to OpenIndiana. If it never worked
> in OpenSolaris, it probably won't work in OI either.

It seems like a reasonable request to include OpenMotif.

http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/

This is the Motif included in some Linux distros, and contains some
droppings that make it look like it came from Metrolink - the company
that I bought a Motif license from sometime in the mid 90's.  A rumor
that I have heard is that OpenMotif 2.2 is more stable than 2.3, but I
don't know whether that is a general statement, or limited in scope to
some specific application(s).

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/