[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi_147 doesn't boot

Bruno Damour llama at ruomad.net
Wed Sep 15 05:33:42 UTC 2010

  Hello,
Congratulations first for the new dist, I was bored to death to be stuck
with good old opensolaris b134 ;-)
Many thanks for your initiative and work.

Unfortunately, I was not able to boot into oi_147.
Upgraded via pkg image-update from snv_134
Success (after a few retries, probably cache pb)
When booting the new kernel, I get a message :
CPU 1 featureset
CPU1 feature mismatch
then reboot (cant report the messages)

This is on a Dell laptop with core2 duo proc
I tried to disable : Speedstep, multicore, virtualization to no avail
Any ideas ?
Bruno