[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana for SPARC?

Mike Gerdts mgerdts at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:01:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Julian Wiesener <jw at vtoc.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 09/15/10 02:20 AM, Hillel Lubman wrote:
>>
>>  Are there any plans for SPARC builds of OpenIndiana?
>
> yes there are. What's missing are fast Build Hosts for SPARC, if anyone want
> offer something >=USIII with 1 or 2 RU, please let us know.

Stephen Peterson said that his employer was willing to make a Fujitsu
SPARC box available to illumos for development.  I think that goals of
OpenIndiana and his employer are likely aligned, particularly as
illumos is focused on ON and OpenIndiana brings in most of the other
consolidations.

http://lists.illumos.org/pipermail/developer/2010-September/000389.html

Infra at lists.illumos.org seems to be a closed list, so I can't see
what became of this.
Perhaps Garrett can shed more light or offer a redirect.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/