[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana for SPARC?

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Wed Sep 15 14:51:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 08:01 -0500, Mike Gerdts wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Julian Wiesener <jw at vtoc.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On 09/15/10 02:20 AM, Hillel Lubman wrote:
> >>
> >>  Are there any plans for SPARC builds of OpenIndiana?
> >
> > yes there are. What's missing are fast Build Hosts for SPARC, if anyone want
> > offer something >=USIII with 1 or 2 RU, please let us know.
>
> Stephen Peterson said that his employer was willing to make a Fujitsu
> SPARC box available to illumos for development.  I think that goals of
> OpenIndiana and his employer are likely aligned, particularly as
> illumos is focused on ON and OpenIndiana brings in most of the other
> consolidations.
>
> http://lists.illumos.org/pipermail/developer/2010-September/000389.html
>
> Infra at lists.illumos.org seems to be a closed list, so I can't see
> what became of this.
> Perhaps Garrett can shed more light or offer a redirect.

I'm not sure whether anyone has done anything about it yet or not.  One
of the things that we've been trying to work out is how to organize all
the disparate resources that have been volunteered, and coordinate them
a bit more sanely and centrally.  I think that work is still in
progress.

That said, some SPARC targets should work now.

	- Garrett