[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi_147 crashes host under VirtualBox 3.2.8r64453, host Mac OS X 10.6.4

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sun Sep 19 21:07:55 UTC 2010

Part of my problem seems to have been when the VDI was NFS mounted
(on my Mac as client from my snv_97 Sun Blade 2000 with SAS JBOD).
Making the VDI local avoided a bunch of ZFS errors during installation,
and between that and making the ISO local too, I got it installed ok.

Never had a problem like that before with NFS mounted VDIs.  (I don't
think they're soft-mounted, but something is definitely strange.)

Also, on the first boot off the "disk", it didn't want to enable the
2nd CPU.  Following the message, I set the eeprom parameter boot-ncpus=2.
Got both CPUs when I rebooted again.  No other major quirks.  Don't
like root as a role, and had the usual wrestling match to get nwam turned
off, /network/physical:default turned on, and name services set up the
way I liked.  Nothing unusual, just that it's one of the times that the old
sysidconfig would have been nice.