[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana logo (was: oi_147 crashes host under VirtualBox 3.2.8r64453, host Mac OS X 10.6.4)

Albert Lee trisk at opensolaris.org
Mon Sep 20 00:04:20 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 1:52 AM, BM <bogdan.maryniuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only thing that crashes — my eyes and heart, when I see
> openindiana logo, which is only color-based to recognize "open" and
> "indiana", hence actually you read the whole thing as "Open in Diana".

I certainly don't parse the logotype text that way, since the colours
separate the components. Perhaps this is prevalent with English
speakers who aren't familiar with the proper noun "Indiana"?

> Unfortunately, we do not have *logo*, like OpenSolaris or Ubuntu or
> RedHat or SuSE or Windows. We have only text string written in not
> best way... But that's because it is already voted + accepted and I
> had no chance to participate the competition to offer alternative
> version. :(

We are (at least, I am) painfully aware there isn't a proper logo...
=) - There has been one reasonable submission, and Alasdair intends to
hold a logo contest in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Albert