[OpenIndiana-discuss] Eager to make the move...

BM bogdan.maryniuk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 00:27:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Lou Picciano <loupicciano at comcast.net> wrote:
> As a first challenge, we're wondering if it's possible to install OI on an unbootable install of 134. In a frenzy of 'overenthusiastic experimentation', one of our guys may have deleted (?) some parts (?) of the filesystem. The one sure thing is that is that the BEs will not boot, though we do get to the point of the grub screen to select them.

If I were you, I would probably mount these leftovers somewhere on
another system, backup what I have to, then blow everything and
install from scratch a clean image. And also I would never allow that
experimentator to the machine on a distance of a cannon's shot. :)

--
Kind regards, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.