[OpenIndiana-discuss] Error 206 trying to install Open Office

Alex Viskovatoff viskovatoff at imap.cc
Thu Sep 23 07:43:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 08:53 +0200, Nikola M wrote:
> Alex Viskovatoff wrote:
> > You can get a newer version of OpenOffice here:
> >
> > http://development.openoffice.org/releases/3.2.1.html
> >
> Hi, did you try to install and use OO.org inside OpenIndiana
> with that OO.org release labeled for Solaris?
>
> Is that the same as releases on main page?:
>
> http://download.openoffice.org/other.html#tested-full
>
> Please post below Quote/inline.

Yes, I did install it and start it up, although I didn't use it, since I
don't usually use office applications. I believe the links above lead to
the same release of OpenOffice.

I don't think it's much of an issue if one tries to run under
OpenIndiana something that is labeled as intended for Solaris (10). It
has been part of the Sun philosophy to make successive releases of
Solaris binary compatible with each other, much more so than tends to be
the case with Linux, for example.