[OpenIndiana-discuss] Error 206 trying to install Open Office

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 18:47:44 UTC 2010

On 24 Sep 2010, at 17:35, Edward Martinez wrote:

>   Hi  Alasdair
>
>       First I want to congratulate you for OpenIndiana:-)
>       I'm also receiving  the "code 206" error when i try downloading "sunstudio12u1".
>       this is the entire error I get in IPS:
>
>               Please check the network connection.
>               Is the repository accessible?
>
>                http protocol error: code: 206 reason: Partial Content

Hi Edward,

Many thanks for taking the time to report the issue. We've taken the decision to ditch the CDN for the package server. The CDN has now been disabled.

If you ping pkg.openindiana.org and it returns 91.194.74.70 then there is no CDN involved (which is good).

If you still get errors about 206 Partial content, then this would indicate a more serious issue with the pkg server itself.

We've had a lot of problems getting a full mirror of pkg.opensolaris.org/dev and unfortunately Sun/Oracle haven't made a tarball available of it.

Cheers,

Alasdair