[OpenIndiana-discuss] Error 206 trying to install Open Office

Edward Martinez mindbender_1 at live.com
Sat Sep 25 11:56:54 UTC 2010

  On 09/24/10 11:47, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> On 24 Sep 2010, at 17:35, Edward Martinez wrote:
>
>>    Hi  Alasdair
>>
>>        First I want to congratulate you for OpenIndiana:-)
>>        I'm also receiving  the "code 206" error when i try downloading "sunstudio12u1".
>>        this is the entire error I get in IPS:
>>
>>                Please check the network connection.
>>                Is the repository accessible?
>>
>>                 http protocol error: code: 206 reason: Partial Content
>
> Hi Edward,
>
> Many thanks for taking the time to report the issue. We've taken the decision to ditch the CDN for the package server. The CDN has now been disabled.
>
> If you ping pkg.openindiana.org and it returns 91.194.74.70 then there is no CDN involved (which is good).
>
> If you still get errors about 206 Partial content, then this would indicate a more serious issue with the pkg server itself.
>
> We've had a lot of problems getting a full mirror of pkg.opensolaris.org/dev and unfortunately Sun/Oracle haven't made a tarball available of it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alasdair

Hi Alasdair
                   I ping pkg.openindiana.org  from  OI:

eam at openindiana:~$ ping pkg.openindiana.org
                                 pkg.openindiana.org is alive

I  tried downloading "sunstudio12u1" again and I'm still  getting the
"error code 206 partial"
                   when it's downloading "package 11 of 32:
developer/java/jdk"

                  Package 11 of 32: developer/java/jdk

                   Error:
                   Please check the network connection.
                   Is the repository accessible?

                   http protocol error: code: 206 reason: Partial Content

                            Regards
                            Edward