[OpenIndiana-discuss] Error 206 trying to install Open Office

Edward Martinez mindbender_1 at live.com
Sat Sep 25 13:29:41 UTC 2010

  On 09/25/10 01:36, Kevin J. Woolley wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 September, 2010 04:56, "Edward Martinez"<mindbender_1 at live.com>  said:
>
>>                     I ping pkg.openindiana.org  from  OI:
>>
>> eam at openindiana:~$ ping pkg.openindiana.org
>>                                   pkg.openindiana.org is alive
>>

>> I  tried downloading "sunstudio12u1" again and I'm still  getting the
>> "error code 206 partial"
>>                     when it's downloading "package 11 of 32:
>> developer/java/jdk"
> Hi Edward,
>
> Try running "host pkg.openindiana.org" instead of ping -- ping doesn't show the IP address of the remote host on all platforms.
>
> I have been able to install ss-dev (which includes dev/java/jdk) using the following publisher settings:
>
> kjw at indy:~$ pkg publisher
> PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
> openindiana.org          (preferred)  origin   online   http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/
> opensolaris.org                       origin   online   http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/
>
> This was before the CDN was disabled, though.  You may not need to change your publisher settings if pkg.openindiana.org resolves to 91.194.74.70 for you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> kjw

Hi Kjw

My "publishers" are set to default:

eam at openindiana:~$ pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
openindiana.org          (preferred)  origin   online
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/
opensolaris.org                       origin   online
http://pkg.openindiana.org/legacy/

And i noticed "developer/java/jdk" is downloaded from the "legacy"
server from "pkg.openindiana/legacy" with the ip address 208.68.139.89
and  it appears this is the  server  that is causing "error 206 code" in IPS
not the "pkg.openindiana.org/dev" server. I think the "legacy" server
needs to be checked out:-) the text down below points out the "206
error" is coming  from "legacy" server and shows  the"legacy" server ip
address.

eam at openindiana:~$ host pkg.openindiana/legacy
pkg.openindiana/legacy has address 208.68.139.89
Host pkg.openindiana/legacy not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host pkg.openindiana/legacy not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Package 1 of 1: developer/java/jdk

Error:
Please check the network connection.
Is the repository accessible?

http protocol error: code: 206 reason: Partial Content