[OpenIndiana-discuss] Error 206 trying to install Open Office

Kevin J. Woolley kjw at javabunny.net
Sat Sep 25 08:36:29 UTC 2010

On Saturday, 25 September, 2010 04:56, "Edward Martinez" <mindbender_1 at live.com> said:

>                    I ping pkg.openindiana.org  from  OI:
>
> eam at openindiana:~$ ping pkg.openindiana.org
>                                  pkg.openindiana.org is alive
>

> I  tried downloading "sunstudio12u1" again and I'm still  getting the
> "error code 206 partial"
>                    when it's downloading "package 11 of 32:
> developer/java/jdk"

Hi Edward,

Try running "host pkg.openindiana.org" instead of ping -- ping doesn't show the IP address of the remote host on all platforms.

I have been able to install ss-dev (which includes dev/java/jdk) using the following publisher settings:

kjw at indy:~$ pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
openindiana.org          (preferred)  origin   online   http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/
opensolaris.org                       origin   online   http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/

This was before the CDN was disabled, though.  You may not need to change your publisher settings if pkg.openindiana.org resolves to 91.194.74.70 for you.

Cheers,

kjw