[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to login as root

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Sat Sep 25 22:49:08 UTC 2010

I would suggest mentioning a reason why this strangeness exists.  You
may know why, and your friends may know why, but for the life of me I
can't imagine anyone else understanding this 'feature' out of the box.

On 09/25/2010 03:52 PM, Kevin J. Woolley wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 September, 2010 11:17, "Jasse Jansson"<jasse at yberwaffe.com>  said:
>

>>> That password for root was set to expire so you will then be prompted
>>> for a new root password.  Once done you can use the root password for
>>> the privileged utilities such as package manager.
>>>
>> Yep, that's it. Works fine now.
>> This hint should be in the FAQ on the wiki.
>>
> The FAQ on the wiki primarily concerns general questions about OI and its place in the world.  I've started a new page to cover these usage/technical FAQs and put an entry there for this issue:
>
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/display/oi/Using+OpenIndiana+--+technical+FAQ
>
> Cheers,
>
> kjw

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson