[OpenIndiana-discuss] IPS on pkg.openindiana.org "Framework stall"

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Mon Sep 27 12:51:38 UTC 2010

  Has anyone noticed issues with Bionicmutton?  I have been trying to
install kde on a test machine for a week but it stalls out on qt some
where.  I have been trying pkg.bionicmutton.org:10000 and
solaris.bionicmutton.org:10000

If anyone knows a better way I would be thrilled to hear it.  I get 206s
and framework stalls.  Perhaps it is something in europe?  Are the tubes
dirty?

On 09/27/10 08:46 AM, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> Regarding the package repos...
>
> /dev should always work fine from pkg.openindiana.org. We ditched the
> CDN so the files are coming raw from the PKG server. If you're having
> issues with /dev then please provide us with as much debugging info as
> possible as this would indicate a genuine problem we need to fix.
>
> /legacy however is a bit broken at the moment. We've just spent 3 days
> re-retrieving it from pkg.opensolaris.org via an alternative method
> and will be replacing /legacy with this new copy later today
> hopefully.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alasdair

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson