[OpenIndiana-discuss] Manpages and documentation -- where to start?

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Thu Sep 30 13:04:56 UTC 2010

* Paul Johnston <paul.a.johnston at manchester.ac.uk> [2010-09-30 10:41]:
> In terms of what could do with being more up to date may I venture the
> zpool and zfs entries as starters?
> They are fairly quick moving facets of the OS and the ones (man pages)
> on my machine are over 9 months old.

It seems to be a more general problem that Solbook/Docbook source
of the manpages is not available, so before updating actual
manpages there needs to be agreement what format manpages should
be written in. This was briefly discussed on the Illumos dev-list
but no conclusion were made, see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.illumos.devel/10/focus=21

In order to move forward I would suggest that both of you bring
this up on developer at lists.illumos.org (and of course emphasize
your interest in working on this).

--
Guido Berhoerster