[OpenIndiana-discuss] Manpages and documentation -- where to start?

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 22:32:00 UTC 2010

On 30 Sep 2010, at 09:41, Paul Johnston wrote:

> In terms of what could do with being more up to date may I venture the
> zpool and zfs entries as starters?
> They are fairly quick moving facets of the OS and the ones (man pages)
> on my machine are over 9 months old.
>
> Regards Paul

Hi Paul,

We definitely could do with people working on the documentation side of things. Unfortunately I personally don't know exactly what the state of play is with the documentation; I'm not sure which consolidations they live in (if they're centralised in a single manpage consolidation, or if they're spread out).

So I'm not sure how to advise on where to start. We definitely would appreciate the help with it, but it might involve a "research project" first, including "documenting the state of documentation".

Others might be able to provide more info than what I have.

I'd recommend joining the oi-dev mailing list if you haven't already, but also hanging out on IRC (#oi-dev on irc.freenode.net) is quite a good way to bug answers out of people.

I should get you a wiki account set up so you can get started somewhere; what username would you like?

Cheers,

Alasdair