[OpenIndiana-discuss] Package Install Errors - amp-dev, JDK etc..

Tim Valentine tim.e.valentine at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:25:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

Has anything been done to fix the installation problems with some packages?
I've been trying to install amp-dev with the webstacku, apache, mysql,
php...  and I get the following error:

===
pkg install amp-dev
Creating Plan /pkg: No solution was found to satisfy constraints
===

I  have done an hour or more of research online and it seems to have
something to do with packages in the opensolaris.org repositories. I tried
one suggestion (below):

===
# pkg unset-publisher opensolaris.org
# pkg set-publisher -g http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev opensolaris.org
# pkg rebuild-index
===

and this didn't help. - amp-dev is an important package so I'm sure someone
is working on it. Seems these large dev packages could be made available in
openindiana repos if the problem is the opensolaris.org repository. I need
to install JDK too. I have already received a GNOME update via Update
Manager, so I know openindiana repo is working.

Thanks, Tim