[OpenIndiana-discuss] Manpages and documentation -- where to start?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Sep 30 22:52:06 UTC 2010

Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> I'm not sure which consolidations they live in (if they're centralised in a single manpage consolidation, or if they're spread out).

X, JDS & SFW pass through the man pages & other documentation from
their upstream projects in their consolidations.

Man pages for ON and a few other consolidations for which Sun/Oracle
was the main source were maintained in a separate man page gate,
released via the OpenSolaris Docs community.   Unfortunately, I think
they only did occasional drops, and never had an externally visible
scm repo.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com