[OpenIndiana-discuss] Taking a long time to shut down

Jake jak3kaj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 12:20:17 UTC 2011

I had an issue with CUPS shutting down on my laptop (I'm running whatever is in the /dev repo). It would hang for a long time (a couple of minutes) and then fail. Once it failed then the rest of shutdown would complete.

I disabled cups/scheduler and shutdown is quick as expected.

I've seen people complaining about this in Linux too. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=139092 No explanation there.

I have 8 or so printers defined. They are at different locations so I can never talk to all of them.

Jake