[OpenIndiana-discuss] com.sun:auto-snapshot property not present on pools

Thanh C Pham tp at everycity.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 13:39:10 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I've been having some problems with automatic snapshots since oi b147
but never quite looked into it. Updated to 148 and that hasn't fixed
anything.

The snapshots are basically not getting taken at all. I've discovered
that zfs get all rpool |grep auto-snapshot returns nothing which is
probably why this isn't working in the first place. time-slider:default
and auto-snapshot:frequent and daily are enabled. Is there anything else
I'm missing? Do I need to run anything to enable the
com.sun:auto-snapshot property on my pools?

I'm quite new to OSol/OI so if you need any more information to provide
feedback, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Thanh