[OpenIndiana-discuss] com.sun:auto-snapshot property not present on pools

Marco van Lienen marco+openindiana-discuss at lordsith.net
Mon Apr 4 18:11:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 01:39:10PM +0000, you (Thanh C Pham) sent the following to [openindiana-discuss] :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been having some problems with automatic snapshots since oi b147
> but never quite looked into it. Updated to 148 and that hasn't fixed
> anything.
>
> The snapshots are basically not getting taken at all. I've discovered
> that zfs get all rpool |grep auto-snapshot returns nothing which is
> probably why this isn't working in the first place. time-slider:default
> and auto-snapshot:frequent and daily are enabled. Is there anything else
> I'm missing? Do I need to run anything to enable the
> com.sun:auto-snapshot property on my pools?
>
> I'm quite new to OSol/OI so if you need any more information to provide
> feedback, let me know.

What's the output of: zfs get com.sun:auto-snapshot rpool ?

--
Marco van Lienen -- GnuPG key: 8580E6CB
http://lordsith.net/ | OpenIndiana oi_148a | Solaris 11 Express 2010.11 snv_151a | FreeBSD 9-CURRENT