[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana (or others) and Dell E6320 - Sandybridge

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Aug 22 16:01:13 UTC 2011

On 08/22/11 08:13, Tomas Bodzar wrote:
> On Solaris 11 express (151a) are exactly same issues.

Sandybridge support in the Xorg driver came after snv_151.

Unfortunately, I believe the code we use relies on the Intel KMS
(kernel modesetting) code, which also integrated to Solaris after
snv_151, so isn't in the illumos sources.  I've heard people say
they'll look into porting the latest DRI/KMS sources to illumos,
but haven't heard anyone has a working implementation yet.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com