[OpenIndiana-discuss] X11 Forwarding.. Can't Open Display

Kimmo Jaskari kimmo.jaskari at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 18:29:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 21:08, Kimmo Jaskari <kimmo.jaskari at gmail.com> wrote:
> ssh -V = Sun_SSH_1.5, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x009080ff
>
> Ugh. And let me say again, ugh. This crap (pardon my language) was in

> Guess I have to go find OpenSSH somewhere. I guess the venerable old
> Sunfreeware is still around huh.

I'm getting that old sinking feeling... is Sunfreeware even an option for OI?

I expected to have trouble installing any kind of end-user facing
software on this server and ZFS was worth it but I didn't expect SSH
of all things to balk. OI needs to seriously kick that old trash
that's installed to the curb and put in proper version 2.0 OpenSSH. :(

Guess I'll be copying MIT-MAGIC-COOKIEs and liking it huh while I try
to sort out if I can get OpenSSL and OpenSSH to compile from source.
Good times.

--
-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo.jaskari at gmail.com }--

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
away." -- Philip K. Dick