[OpenIndiana-discuss] BAD WD drives - defective by design?

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 22:26:32 UTC 2011

Roy - Though it doesn't offer much by way of solution to the Western Digital Dilemma, I can reinforce your assertions re Hitachi: We've got a very nicely-running ZFS array comprised of 2TB Hitachi Desktars; built partly with your help, as you recall.

Great performance - and it's been rock solid so far. I've never been much of a fan of WD anyway - you are only helping me in my position...

Lou Picciano