[OpenIndiana-discuss] 6 GB SATA drives on SAS HBAs

Russ Price rjp_sun at fubegra.net
Tue Aug 30 21:59:56 UTC 2011

On 08/30/2011 01:40 PM, oi-discuss at mho.nu wrote:
> There are different firmwares for that controller: one that handles
> SAS+SATA 1.5Gb+SATA 3Gb and one that does SAS+SATA 3Gb+SATA 6Gb.
>
> See
> http://www.lsi.com/support/products/Pages/LSI%20SAS%203081E-R.aspx
>
> (Don't know if there is any corresponding "Intel" firmware, but
> crossflashing has worked for me)

Thanks for the link!

Last time I tried crossflashing (I tried to install IT firmware), it didn't
work; the installer refused to install the firmware. I'll have to try again
sometime. I'm still running the stock Intel IR firmware (which, fortunately,
presents individual drives to the system in its stock configuration).

I hope it works out better this time.