[OpenIndiana-discuss] 6 GB SATA drives on SAS HBAs

Rich rercola at acm.jhu.edu
Tue Aug 30 22:12:48 UTC 2011

FWIW, crossflashing from IR to IT or vice-versa requires that you boot
into DOS with their flasher and firmware, nuke the existing firmware,
and replace it - hopefully not rebooting in the middle, because your
card would be a brick if you did. :)

Of course, if you did this, and it still refused to flash once you'd
removed the firmware entirely, I don't have any thoughts.

c.f. http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle16266.aspx

- Rich