[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing a Unbuntu Guest Under KVM

Geoff Flarity geoff.flarity at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 23:14:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've got Ubuntu booting under kvm and now I'm trying to vnc into it in
order to install it. I've got an ssh tunnel going through to
localhost:5901 which the kvm-qemu vnc server seems to be listening on,
ie the port opens with telnet.  When I try to connect to the vm with
vnc no window comes up but the vnc client says it's connected. All the
stuff I can find seems to imply that I should see the installer screen
in vnc...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Geoff