[OpenIndiana-discuss] Which mobo allows 24 GB ram and ECC

John McEntee jmcentee at stirling-dynamics.com
Sun Dec 4 21:49:51 UTC 2011

> Hoping to save any more googling and pawing thru specs etc by letting
> someone that knows just name motherboards that allow 24 gb max ram and
> have option for ECC memory too.
>

> I've looked at quite a few asus boards which seem to have ECC option
> more or less by default (unlike most others).   But then finding the
> 24 GB max is another matter...
>
> Or possibly my google stings are poorly thought out or arranged.  Is
> anyone else noticing that google seems NOT to honor quotations in
> search string any more?

8 GB RAM sticks for servers ECC in the UK are very competitive (for me
any way) £75 a stick (inc VAT) . 8GB sticks of non ECC seemed to be much
more (if you could find them) when I was looking. a quick google seem to
say RAM is much cheaper now though then last month. just don't buy Hard
disks if you can manage without them for the next 6-9 months.

  I have been buying the intel dual processor S5520HC motherboards, with
12 RAM slots for £250ish . May be overkill for you, but for the company
I work for they are great. plugin module for IPMI as well.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are strictly confidential and are solely for the person(s) at the e-mail address(es) above. If you are not an addressee, you may not disclose, distribute, copy or use this e-mail, and we request that you send an e-mail to admin at stirling-dynamics.com and delete this e-mail.  Stirling Dynamics Ltd. accepts no legal liability for the contents of this e-mail including any errors, interception or interference, as internet communications are not secure.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Stirling Dynamics Ltd. Registered In England No. 2092114 Registered Office: 26 Regent Street, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 4HG
VAT no. GB 464 6551 29