[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI support for recent Supermicro motherboards?

Alexander Lesle groups at tierarzt-mueller.de
Tue Dec 6 21:42:22 UTC 2011

Hello Lou Picciano and List,

On Dezember, 06 2011, 21:38 <Lou Picciano> wrote in [1]:

> Gary, Alexander, Geoff, Others...
> Have incorporated changes you guys have posted here into wiki pages
> on mobos, servers and (enet) components - including a little bit of
> cross-linking. Tks for your inputs.

I like to help with my small potential. We have to bring OI out of
the corner. :-)

> If you want to flesh out notes/versions/drivers, etc. - I'd be
> happy to incorporate. Such things much-needed.
> (eg, Gary, on which version(s) of Oi have you tested those Intel interfaces?)

>> X8Si6-F ATX, onboard LSI 2008 8-Port 6Gbps SAS Controller
>> X8SIA-F ATX
>> X8SIL-F mATX

This boards are running unter oi_148b very well.
At the moment I use X8SIA-F with napp-it
http://www.napp-it.org/napp-it/all-in-one/index.html
and IPMI 2.0 (IPMI View v2.7.19) runs very well.

--
Best Regards
Alexander
[1] mid:1810160773.787835.1323203917653.JavaMail.root at sz0093a.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net