[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with zone creation

Mark Creamer whitetr6 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 21:22:07 UTC 2011

I'm working with zones for the first time. I finally got to the point where
I could create a zone, and I am at the step where I install it. Each time I
have gotten to this point, it begins downloading packages, gets maybe
half-way, and dies. The error is:

Errors were encountered while attempting to retrieve package or file data
for
the requested operation.
Details follow:

http protocol error: code: 500 reason: Internal Server Error
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/openindiana.org/file/1/10283476ec06bd1ad87b851e050b2b35c00ac78d
'.
ERROR: failed to install package

Then I don't see a way I can continue (re-running the install command
doesn't work - it says zone is incomplete, uninstall required), so I have
to delete the zone and start all over again.

Does anyone know a way I can either:

1. Restart the install process from where it died without having to start
over creating the zone from scratch
2. Use a more reliable package repo (assuming that's what the problem is
with the download)

Thanks!

--
Mark