[OpenIndiana-discuss] Which compiler?

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 13:05:31 UTC 2011

FWIW   OpenIndiana is my Internet connected machine, so I do some, but relatively little compiling on it.  However, I just went through a large number of compiles on it cleaning up compiler warnings for a package I help support using both gcc and the Studio suite.  There are no technical issues that I know of w/ either.

The compelling argument for the Studio suite over Gnu is dbx.   I've never used another debugger that can touch it on any system.  So that's better than any of about a dozen.

Have Fun!
Reg