[OpenIndiana-discuss] Still having issue with zone install

Mark Creamer whitetr6 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:26:55 UTC 2011

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas I haven't already tried.
I bought an extremely powerful server specifically to run a bunch of zones
on OI but I can't get past this issue.

The problem is, I get all the way through the initial configuration of the
zone, but when I do install, it dies about halfway through. Here's the
output:

root at zonemaster:/zones# zoneadm -z template-basezone install
WARNING: skipping network interface 'vnic0' which is used in the global
zone.
   Publisher: Using openindiana.org (http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/ ).
       Image: Preparing at /zones/template-basezone/root.
Sanity Check: Looking for 'entire' incorporation.
  Installing: Core System (output follows)
               Packages to install:     1
           Create boot environment:    No
DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
Completed                                  1/1         3/3      0.0/0.0

PHASE                                        ACTIONS
Install Phase                                  15/15

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Package State Update Phase                       1/1
Image State Update Phase                         2/2
               Packages to install:    50
           Create boot environment:    No
               Services to restart:     3
DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
runtime/python-26                         4/50  7787/22960   52.4/117.8

Errors were encountered while attempting to retrieve package or file data
for
the requested operation.
Details follow:

http protocol error: code: 500 reason: Internal Server Error
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/openindiana.org/file/1/10283476ec06bd1ad87b851e050b2b35c00ac78d
'.
ERROR: failed to install package
root at zonemaster:/zones#

It happens every time without fail. I've tried the server version of OI,
the desktop version, and in a VM. Same result every time.

Interestingly, it also happens with Solaris 11, although it fails on a
different package. I was able to get a zone successfully installed using
Nexenta Core, but I can't get MySQL 5.5 to install there, which is
ultimately what I want to do once the zones are set up.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
Mark