[OpenIndiana-discuss] Still having issue with zone install

Mark Creamer whitetr6 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:53:37 UTC 2011

Tried in 2 locations, one of which is in a datacenter with a redundant 2
Mbit pipe burstable to 100Mbit which has never had an outage.

The thing that is interesting about trying to set up the zones in OI is
that it *always* fails on the same package (python-26), so it's not a
bandwidth issue, or a problem where the connection drops. Thank you very
much for your thoughts though.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Jeppe Toustrup <openindiana at tenzer.dk>wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 19:26, Mark Creamer <whitetr6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas I haven't already
> tried.
> > I bought an extremely powerful server specifically to run a bunch of
> zones
> > on OI but I can't get past this issue.
> [...]
>
> Hmm, since you are experiencing this across different platforms, I
> don't think the issue is directly related to OpenIndiana.
>
> Do you have a proxy server in front of the machine which could be
> imposing the problems, or some other special equipment which could
> cause such issues?
> Alternatively you could perhaps try to move the machine to another
> location with have another internet connection, and see if it works
> there?
>
> --
> Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
> Jeppe Toustrup (aka. Tenzer)