[OpenIndiana-discuss] Qemu-kvm as a service?

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 04:20:51 UTC 2011

Thanks for the Joyent info. Those tools look pretty neat. Although it does require SmartOS and "kvm" branded zones which we don't have in OpenIndiana (yet, I suppose..)

Russ, thanks for your scripts. I've put something together based on that which is off to a great start.

One thing I haven't figure out how to do though, is get the service to restart the machine if it shuts down. Whenever the VM shuts down, it appears as if the service has failed, and it goes into a maintenance state. `svcadm clear X` gets it started again.

I've read that SMF will do this if a service fails too quickly (like 3 times in 60 seconds is mentioned in a few places). I've looked high and low for a way to set that threshold but haven't found any way to do so. Any SMF gurus able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Matt