[OpenIndiana-discuss] access to partition table inside zvol

Evgenii Lepikhin johnlepikhin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 06:11:52 UTC 2011

Hello,

2011/12/23 Andrew Gabriel <illumos at cucumber.demon.co.uk>:

> Looping back through iSCSI is the way.

But it's a bit complicated. No other way?

> If you use prtconf(1M), I think you'll see the GPT partitioning inside the
> EFI FDISK partition (which is where your two GPT partitions are). It works a
> bit like DOS logical disks inside an Extended DOS FDISK partition (except
> that in the case of an EFI/GPT partitioned disk, no other FDISK partition is
> permitted on the disk).

I didn't understand prtconf output format, but "parted /dev/rdsk/...
print" shows correct information:

# parted /dev/rdsk/c0t600144F008A8470000004EF4418A0004d0 print
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name
    Flags
 1      17.4kB  134MB   134MB                Microsoft reserved
partition  msftres
 2      135MB   5498GB  5497GB  ntfs         Basic data partition

How can I get this volumes as separate block devices to be able mount them?

--
UNIX engineer/developer at 1Gb.ru
skype: john.lepikhin / +7(926)1462336