[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 source code leaked?

Gregory Youngblood gregory at youngblood.me
Mon Dec 26 20:02:25 UTC 2011

Oracle owns copyright they don't have to follow cddl if they choose not to.

Irrelevant if these files have cddl license stamped on them. Could have been done by anyone. Until or if this is officially recognized by Oracle as an official release it is poison fruit. Anything or one that looks at this and incorporates it into any projects risks the destruction of that project. Something I am sure Oracle wouldn't mind happening to illumos or openindiana.

This is no different than someone stealing Windows code, slapping gpl licenses on the code and releasing it. They were not legally authorized to put that license on that code and release it so it does not count and in court it would not be recognized.  Same as a locksmith making an extra copy of your housekey and giving it to someone saying tale anything you want.

Best course of action is to ignore it, don't look at it, and especially don't download it.

Greg