[OpenIndiana-discuss] USB <-> RS-232 adaptors

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 01:46:04 UTC 2011

Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced unit?  The one I have is MIA and was somewhat problematic.  I'm sure it will turn up as soon as I buy a new one.

Ideally I'd like something  OI, Solaris 10 and Linux supported, but I'd be happy to live w/ just OI, or if all else fails Linux.

Alternatively suggestions on inexpensive PCI RS-232 cards that work w/ both Solaris 10 U9  & Linux also welcome.(The OI box is a nettop).  I just need to talk to some embedded processor development boards and don't want to use Windows.

Thanks,
Reg