[OpenIndiana-discuss] Building a custom kernel for distro_const

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Thu Dec 29 14:48:24 UTC 2011

Hi,
after succeding in customizing a distro of OpenIndiana with distro_const, adding my software
and default system configurations, now I'd like to customize some bits of the kernel just to let it
show my software versions on boot along with normal OI ones.
I tried reading OI wikies about building, but I feel confused by the amount of documentation
around devlopment.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand I should follow steps from "Building the Operative System"
(and not "Building from oi-build"), then follow the "Building illumos" from onnv-gate.
Then...how do I feed distro_const with the new built OS?
Thanx for any help.
Gabriele.