[OpenIndiana-discuss] Automatic USB device mounts

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 04:55:46 UTC 2011

How does one turn off automatic  mounts of USB devices in OI?

148 had two demons that did that.  I disabled  rmvolmgr, but can't figure out what the other is or how to disable it.

I'm really tired of having it grab focus because it doesn't understand zfs when I plug in a USB disk.  And I'm root, so I *really* don't mind issuing a mount command.  I also prefer a mount point other than  /media/WTF.

Thanks,
Reg