[OpenIndiana-discuss] Network (RTL8111/8168) not working properly on OpenIndiana 151a

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Fri Dec 30 05:17:34 UTC 2011

The motherboard used is the GA-990FXA-UD7 rev 1.1 motherboard using the
905e Phenom II X4 CPU so no sandy bridge here. I previously used an MSI
790FX-GD70 motherboard, all other components are the same. When I used
the MSI motherboard, both RTL8111DL chips worked fine with OSOL b134 and
OI b148. When I switched to the Gigabyte motherboard with the RTL8111E
chip the problems started to appear.

You mentioned CPU and memory, if those components were defect, wouldn't
it be reasonable to assume that there would be other problems as well
and not just the network? I haven't discovered any stability issues or
other problems on my system, so far.

Perhaps I should run iostat and vmstat from time to time then. The fresh
install has made some problems disappear too; for example startup and
shutdown is now considerably faster.

Robin.