[OpenIndiana-discuss] E-sata PCIe card problems

Edward Martinez mindbender_1 at live.com
Fri Feb 4 19:30:27 UTC 2011

On 02/04/11 10:57, Michelle Knight wrote:
>>      Hi,
>>       I remember  their was a bug with the 9128 chipset. don't know if it
>> was fixed
>>      http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6967157
> Hi Edward,
>
> I guess it hasn't been, as that's what I'm suffering.
>
> Ah well.
>
> I'm not a driver programmer, wouldn't know where to start, but is there
> anything I can do towards getting this fixed?
>
> It took the last cash I had left for that card, I can't afford another one.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Michelle.

    Hi,

   sorry, I'm still learning about computers and solaris myself, these
mailing lists have been a hugh help:-)
   the only thing i can think about is if it's possible to have the card
exchange for another one that
   is compatible the ahci driver, like a jmicron, vt8251 or an intel ich
based. I did a "man ahci" in nexenta core and it named a few:-)

--
Regards,
Edward