[OpenIndiana-discuss] E-sata PCIe card problems

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Fri Feb 4 19:57:20 UTC 2011

>     Hi,
>    sorry, I'm still learning about computers and solaris myself, these
> mailing lists have been a hugh help:-)
>    the only thing i can think about is if it's possible to have the card
> exchange for another one that
>    is compatible the ahci driver, like a jmicron, vt8251 or an intel ich
> based. I did a "man ahci" in nexenta core and it named a few:-)

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the suggestion; I've already gone through some cards and had to pay
the restocking fees, as there is nothing wrong with the cards themselves. Like
it or not, I'm stuck with this one.

For me, there is no hope other than a solution for that bug.

I'm doomed.

Many thanks,

Michelle.